Call Us Free  Phone 0800 988 3674  or Mobile  Mobile 0333 200 4465 Call Us Free  Phone 0800 988 3674  or Mobile  Mobile 0333 200 4465

Tips For Claiming Compensation For A Damp Home

We Have Helped Hundreds Of People Claim Compensation For A Damp Home - Can We Help You Too?

Some of the specialist Mould Compensation Claim Solicitors

Some of the specialist Mould Compensation Claim team at Bartletts Solicitors

If you’re in rented accommodation and your landlord has failed to fix your home’s damp or mould issue, you may be entitled to claim for compensation.

Your local council or Housing Association landlord has a legal obligation to ensure your home is maintained to a safe and comfortable level. Poorly maintained homes often suffer from mould, damp or condensation, which can impact on your health as well as personal belongings.

You have rights as a tenant, and if you’ve informed your landlord and he has failed to take the necessary steps to fix the damp problem, then you can make a claim for damp or mould compensation against your landlord.

Make a free enquiry now. Call us on 01244 752 999 or complete a Free Online Enquiry to discover your legal rights and entitlement to compensation.

Why Bartletts Solicitors Are The Best Solicitors For Your Mould Claim

Here are some reasons why we believe that you should call us to discover more about how can help you with your claim:

  • We have settled over 12,000 compensation claims including mould claims..
  • We have recovered over £68 million in compensation for our clients.
  • We provide you with a true No Win No Fee service. If we don't win your claim for you, you pay nothing.
  • We are members of the Association Of Personal Injury Lawyers. Our specialist mould compensation claim solicitors will ensure that you get the best service and the maximum compensation.
  • We offer a completely free, no obligation initial enquiry so that you can speak with us and decide if we are the best solicitors for your needs. Why not Make A Free Enquiry Now and let us explain how we can help you.

"My claim was finalised and the outcome was substantial more than I expected. I can’t thank Trevor Morris and Bartletts enough for their help and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone." - Mr DT

What Can You Claim Damp Compensation For?

Living in a damp or mouldy home is bad for your health, your wellbeing, and all your possessions. You have a right to live in a safe, habitable place, and if you’ve reported the damp and your landlord has done nothing, you should claim for compensation and to ensure the repairs are carried out.

Damp, mould or heavy condensation can trigger a range of health issues and damage your home. As a guide, you may be able to make a claim for housing disrepair compensation, if you’ve suffered any of the following:

  • Respiratory problems
  • Allergic reactions
  • Skin irritations
  • Fungal infections
  • Sneezing fits
  • Inconvenience and discomfort
  • Any costs incurred
  • Damage to furnishings
  • Damage to belongings

How We Can Help With Your Claim For Damp Compensation

If you have evidence that you’ve informed your landlord of the damp or mould in your home and your landlord has taken no action, our experienced housing law solicitors will help you make a claim for compensation.

We will make a compensation claim on your behalf for your poorly maintained home and the suffering this has caused you and your family. Working closely with you to fully understand your situation, we will ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for any health issues and damage to your personal possessions caused by living in a damp environment, as well as for the stress, inconvenience and discomfort of living in an uninhabitable home.

In addition to claiming for compensation, we may be able to secure a full or partial rent refund for the time you’ve had to spend in the property when it was damp or mouldy.

Throughout the entire claims process, we will provide advice and guidance at every stage and ensure you are fully supported in your claim for compensation from your landlord for illness and injuries.

To speak to one of our professional housing law solicitors about claiming compensation from your landlord for damp in your home, contact us on 0800 988 3674 or email

"I just wanted to thank you for settling my claim - I am absolutely over the moon! Thank you so much for taking on my case, I really appreciate everything you have done. Thanks again." - Laura