Call Us Free  Phone 0800 988 3674  or Mobile  Mobile 0333 200 4465 Call Us Free  Phone 0800 988 3674  or Mobile  Mobile 0333 200 4465

Compensation for carbon monoxide poisoning

Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas, which if exposed to can lead to headaches, nausea and even death. In the home, common culprits of carbon monoxide leaks are gas boilers and fires. In rented properties, landlords are required to have gas appliances checked every year and certified safe by a qualified engineer.

Landlords have a duty of care to their tenants to ensure that they are safe in their rented accommodation. If this duty of care is breached, and the tenants have suffered an injury or damage to their health, then you are entitled to claim compensation for personal injury from your landlord.

Bartletts personal injury solicitors in Chester, recently secured a high-level compensation settlement for a family who were unwittingly exposed to a high dose of carbon monoxide in their rented property.

The family, consisting of two adults and their two children had rented their home from a private landlord. The landlord had instructed an engineer to carry out a service to the gas boiler at the property. However, the service was not carried out properly and the boiler released carbon monoxide into the tenants’ home.

The family all suffered headaches, fatigue and sickness and were all taken to the accident and emergency department of the local hospital, where an investigation was carried out. The doctors took a blood sample from each member of the family. The results revealed higher than normal levels of carbon monoxide in all their blood streams.

Bartletts Solicitors experienced personal injury lawyer quickly established the case against the landlord. Our tenacious lawyer then negotiated a settlement figure for each individual member of the family from the landlord’s insurance company to give them the compensation they deserved.