Because Your Health Is Your Most Valuable Asset
When you’re being treated by a qualified medical professional, you expect to be in good hands. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. From time to time, even the most experienced medical expert can get it wrong. Whether that’s due to bad judgement, fatigue, insufficient resources or simply a lack of care, medical negligence can and does happen.
What you can do about it
Fortunately, if it happens to you, there is something you can do about it. Medical negligence claims cover a vast range of conditions from minor complaints, such as prolonged discomfort from dental treatment, to life-altering symptoms resulting from complications after an operation.
Why Bartletts Solicitors Are The Best Solicitors For Your Personal Injury Claim
Here are some reasons why we believe that you should call us to discover more about how can help you with your claim:
- We have settled over 12,000 accident claims.
- We have recovered over £68 million in compensation for our clients.
- We provide you with a true No Win No Fee service. If we don’t win your claim for you, you pay nothing.
- We are members of the Association Of Personal Injury Lawyers, because we have solicitors who work exclusively on accident claims, ensuring that you get the best service and the maximum compensation.
- We offer a completely free, no obligation initial enquiry so that you can speak with us and decide if we are the best solicitors for your needs. Why not call us right now on 01244 752 999 and let us explain how we can help you.
Examples of medical negligence claims:
- Delay in diagnosis or treatment
- Incorrect prescription of drugs
- Infection or injury suffered during routine investigations
- Complications arising from cosmetic surgery
- Infections acquired whilst visiting a medical facility
- A&E negligence
Understanding when medical negligence has occurred
Before you undergo treatment, the medical professional must give you a clear explanation of the procedure and what to expect before, during and after treatment. This is vitally important, so if something does go wrong, firstly, you know that it has happened and secondly, you can use this information to pursue a negligence claim.
Proceeding with a medical negligence claim
Bringing a medical negligence case to court can be daunting and fraught with legal technicalities, which is why it’s so important to get specialised advice from a legal expert. Here, at Bartletts Solicitors, we understand every case is different. That’s why our experienced medical negligence team won’t take on a case until we fully understand what’s involved. It’s this personal service that makes us different and gives you a better chance of success.
What you can claim for
If you do proceed, your claim can cover a number of factors. These include:
- Medical costs
- Expenses, including travel and accommodation costs, if relevant
- Loss of income
- General compensation for changes to your lifestyle
The time period for making a claim can depend on several factors, so it’s important that you contact a medical negligence expert at Bartletts Solicitors as soon as possible.