Many workplace injuries involve falls from height, when individuals are using a ladder to carry out a task.
There are many causes when it comes to falls from height accidents, and the personal injuries suffered as a result range from the minor to life-changing.
If you have been injured in a fall from height accident at work that was not your fault, you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation.
Should Ladders Be Used In The Workplace?
Yes, ladders are a useful piece of equipment and are vital for completing many workplace activities. However, it’s essential that there are safety measures in place at work to prevent accidents and injuries when employees are using ladders.
There are measures that help prevent falls from height whilst using a ladder, including:
- Using the right type of ladder for the task
- The person using the ladder must know how to do so safely
- Carrying out a risk assessment
- Allowing ample time for the task so the person is not rushing
Common Causes Of Falls From Height Whilst Using A Ladder
A fall from height accident is scary and can affect you physically, mentally and financially – and if your injuries happened following an accident when using a ladder that was not your fault, you may be able to claim for compensation for your suffering.
Falls from ladders often happen when a risk assessment isn’t carried out first, and causes include:
- Carrying equipment up and down the ladder when a pulley system should be in place
- Wearing the wrong footwear – you need a shoe with a good grip and heel step
- Placing the ladder on an unsuitable surface
- Not securing the ladder first or having it manned at the bottom by a colleague
- Using a ladder when a tower scaffold would be more appropriate for the task
How We Can Help You With Your Personal Injury Claim?
If you have been injured because of a fall from height when using a ladder at work, and the accident was not your fault, we are here to help. We offer a free, initial consultation to establish the details of your accident and advise if you can likely make a successful claim for compensation.
Providing support and guidance at every stage of the claims process, if you do decide to go ahead and make a claim, we will ensure it is as stress-free and straightforward as possible – and work hard to secure the best possible outcome for you.
For specialist advice on your Accident and/or injury, please call us FREE now!
Phone: 0800 988 3674 or Mobile: 0333 200 4465, or complete a Free Online Enquiry and we will soon be in touch.