What Is A Dash Cam?A dash cam is a compact camera that fastens to your front windscreen and films all that happens in the road ahead when you drive. As a dash cam records the sights and sounds of the road, including how fast vehicles are travelling, it can quickly show what happened if you’re unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident. It is for this reason that dash cams are beginning to play a key role in road accident claims.
What Are The Benefits Of A Dash Cam?The benefits of having a dash cam and the video footage they could provide if you’re involved in an accident or witness an accident, include:
- Assisting with a road accident claim by confirming the cause
- Capturing images of the vehicle at fault in a hit-and-run accident
- Proving a driver was not using a mobile phone whilst driving
- Achieving a discount in insurance premiums as some firms are offering this if a dash cam is installed in your vehicle
- Protecting drivers who are victims of fraudulent claims by so-called crash-for-cash drivers