Call Us Free  Phone 0800 988 3674  or Mobile  Mobile 0333 200 4465 Call Us Free  Phone 0800 988 3674  or Mobile  Mobile 0333 200 4465
Request Callback
Request Callback

Who Pays The Medical Costs For Workplace Accident Injuries?

Workplace accidents happen all too often and can result in serious personal injuries – but who should pay for the related medical expenses? Regardless of the cost of your personal injury, if your work related accident happened through no fault of your own, you shouldn’t have to pay the medical bills and may be entitled to claim for compensation.

Employers have a duty of care towards all employees to keep them safe in the workplace. This includes putting appropriate safety measures in place, providing the right safety training to all staff, and ensuring staff have access to the necessary equipment to carry out their job safely.

Do you believe your workplace accident happened due to a lack of safety precautions or training, faulty equipment or exposure to harmful substances? If your personal injury or illness was caused by your employer’s negligence, you have a right to claim compensation.

Your Employer Covers The Costs

Businesses are insured against accident claims and if you make a claim against your employer, you’re actually claiming against the insurance company and not your employer directly. Any personal injury you’ve experienced at work because of something your employer did or didn’t do should be compensated – including your employers insurance company paying any associated medical expenses.

This is true regardless of your employment contract. Whether you work full-time, part-time, on a temporary basis, or as a contractor, the cost of treating personal injuries caused by workplace accidents will be the responsibility of your employer and will be covered by their insurance company – if it can be shown they were at fault.

Know Your Rights

The easiest way to find out if you have a right to claim compensation for your work related accident, is to contact a personal injury claims specialist at Bartletts Solicitors.

Knowing what to do following an accident at work will make claiming more straightforward and increase your chances of a successful outcome. Always report any accident at work to your employer, and if possible take photos of where your accident happened, especially if this highlights the cause such as faulty machinery or hazards in the workplace. Furthermore, make sure you see a medical professional and have your injuries assessed as soon as possible .

As soon as you’re ready, contact a specialist solicitor to discuss the details of your accident. He or she will be able to advise whether you have a case to make a claim and, should you decide to go ahead, provide professional support and guidance throughout the claims process.

In addition to seeking compensation for your personal injuries, your solicitor will likely advise you also to claim compensation for any loss of earnings and travelling expenses as well as related medical costs.